Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoschi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
I am trying to design an App where I want to have a lot of user-defined entries. I am looking for ways in which I can have i-Tunes style buttons, which when pressed pop a window up that has a whole range of adjustable controls.

Infact I think it would be better to have a window pop-up if I have a drop down menu and one could select something there and press enter to make the window pop itself up.

I have not been able to find much regarding that. Would someone know how to go about this.

Thanks

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
hoschi said:
Infact I think it would be better to have a window pop-up if I have a drop down menu and one could select something there and press enter to make the window pop itself up.
Not sure what you mean by "iTunes style buttons", but in Interface Builder, just set the target of the menu item in the drop-down list to a method in your code where you open a new window (either create one programmatically or show one from a Nib file).

They have to have the form:
Code:
- (IBAction)myWindowPopUpMethod:(id)sender

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.