Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inframan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Hi Guys, I have a Mid 2010 Mac Pro (DeskTop) and I'm Running Sierra 10.12.1 - With that said I have 2 Apple Cinema Displays which are using the Mini Display Ports on the back of my Mac Pro and I have one HD TV That is Using the DVI Port in the back of my Mac Pro.

All of these monitors work great and I use the HD TV as my Surveillance Monitor for my outdoor Nest Camera. How could I possibly keep only my Surveillance Monitor on all the time and put the other two monitors to sleep? This includes locking my Mac, I would like to keep it locked, have two monitors go to black and then have the HD TV Stay on and continue to Monitor things outside my home. Any help (even with 3rd party apps) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Inframan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2013
Los Angeles, California
Power off the two (power strip for single switch convenience) and turn off sleep on the Mac? Just a thought.

Cant power them off with a power strip, two of them are Apple cinema displays which are connected via USB in the back. What I'm trying to attempt needs to be software driven to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.