Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audirs5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
Hello,

I have two phones, 1 for work, 1 for personal. My work phone shows me when I have a missed call from the personal one.. I do not have wifi calling on, or anything like that.. How can I stop this feature???

Thanks

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I'd guess it's some sort of Apple ID or iCloud syncing "feature".

The first thing I'd check is the contact that is designated as "My Info" in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Does it contain both of your phone numbers and/or email addresses? Try creating a separate contact for your work persona.

audirs5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
Settings>Phone>Calls on Other Devices>Allow Calls on Other Devices

Switch off or on
Already off. Like I mentioned, I can't receive or make calls on either device unless it's the respective number.. And add to it, the phone doesn't ring, it just shows when I get a missed call on the primary.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hello,

I have two phones, 1 for work, 1 for personal. My work phone shows me when I have a missed call from the personal one.. I do not have wifi calling on, or anything like that.. How can I stop this feature???

Thanks
Is this something that just stated happening with iOS 10 beta randomly (and wasn't happening with iOS 9 or some other earlier version)?

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
I'd assume as you've posted this in the beta section, it sounds like a bug. Personally its not worth beta, I'd downgrade until the officially version is released.

waitandwait

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2016
Singapore
Then I guess it's a telco or SIM card issue.

I have two phones and split SIM cards. One is set as the "first phone" which receives all the calls and messages. The other only shows I have a call. It cannot make calls or send messages

grockk

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
This is in old versions of iOS as well. If you share the same iCloud account on both devices you have to turn off iCloud Drive on one of them to get the "missed call sync" to stop. You may also need to disable handoff.

audirs5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
This problem persisted even when I did not have the os10 beta... Everything is off, except iCloud.. So, could be that?

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
I have the same issue, same scenario too. I just deal with it, haven't found a way to disable it without using 2 different iCloud accounts... Its been happening for since iOS 9... so not related to the beta of 10...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.