Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman4291

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2006
I just was able to activate my phone about 2 hours ago, I got there at 7, finally got the iphone at about 1, and because everything was down, I couldnt activate it, I waited on my feet for 6 hours...and then I come to find out my Apple store didnt even sell out at the Woodlands mall, I could have walked in at 7 tonight and picked one up ...UGHHHHH

BrokenE

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Houston
Went to the woodlands mall at a little after 7, they had run out of phones, and weren't letting anyone else in line.

Aiphanes

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
South Texas
I do not understand why it would take 3 hours to get an Iphone at a apple store...sure Itunes was or is down...but all they got to do as sign you up to ATT and let you activate it at home. Some apple stores did that...it should take now more than 15 mins. Most apple stores were suppose to handle 30 people at a time.

blownco

macrumors regular
May 24, 2008
CA
how is it for nothing? you have a new phone and now its activated whats the problem some people didn't even get phones

XboxEvolved

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2004
Why would you wait 6 hours in line for anything? Some people are hardcore suckers. God bless America!

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I just was able to activate my phone about 2 hours ago, I got there at 7, finally got the iphone at about 1, and because everything was down, I couldnt activate it, I waited on my feet for 6 hours...and then I come to find out my Apple store didnt even sell out at the Woodlands mall, I could have walked in at 7 tonight and picked one up ...UGHHHHH
Oh well.

No one was forcing you to do that. It was your choice. :)

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008

Some of us kept telling ya that you were crazy to wait in line for something that was going to be easily available, yet ya still did. Shoot, it was even easily available later in the day.

markgamber

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2005
Redneck, PA
Some of us kept telling ya that you were crazy to wait in line for something that was going to be easily available, yet ya still did. Shoot, it was even easily available later in the day.

indeed, I strolled into AT&T around 1pm on a lark...I happened to be at a store down the street and figured why not. 20 minutes from the time I walked in the door until I walked out with an activated iPhone. It's really hard to sympathize with anyone who stood in line for hours and ended up with less than I did because there was absolutely no reason to do so.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
indeed, I strolled into AT&T around 1pm on a lark...I happened to be at a store down the street and figured why not. 20 minutes from the time I walked in the door until I walked out with an activated iPhone. It's really hard to sympathize with anyone who stood in line for hours and ended up with less than I did because there was absolutely no reason to do so.

Oh please - Most all AT&T's were well sold out by 1pm across the country. Most had very little stock and were out by the time 1/2 the lines got in the store. Just because you got lucky, no need to gloat or disparage those of us stick in lines for hours.

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
YOU GOT AN iPHONE 3G... YOU DID IT TO GET THE iPHONE 3G..
EVEN HAVING AN UNACTIVATED iPHONE 3G IN YOUR HANDS IS SOMETHING.. WAS NOT FOR NOTHING...//

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
yesterday i got the last 8gb at the store i went to. the few people behind me that got phones had to get white 16gb ones. (att store i went to only got 90)

but SUPPOSEDLY there was another shipment coming the same day.

and ya, i waited almost 6hrs too. but i got one. so i dont care that it took that long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.