Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnnys2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2018
I've bought an iphone 11 pro max last month and I noticed that it doesn’t feel as crispy as my stolen Iphone Xs Max, so I did an antutu benchmark and my score was abnormal...
Im panicking right now hahahaha
I would like to gently ask, can you guys with the same device make the test for comparison purposes?
EF0B916A-8043-454A-BA0E-A3AC3526DE08.png
E

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
What’s the problem? The Pro Max is outperforming your old Max by quite a bit.. In everday performance like opening and closing apps or websites you’re not going to see a night and day difference. Download and export a large 8k video file and you’ll see a big difference in performance. Also, that benchmark score will change every time you run it. It can be effected by a multitude of different conditions so I wouldn’t worry too much about the numbers

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
How does it benchmark after a full reset? This is before connecting it to icloud or loading programs.

Point being you could have a lot of background tasks slowing things way down. Dig through the settings and disable all the background tasks you don't have any use for. As there is likely junk running in the background which doesn't need to be.

Johnnys2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2018
How does it benchmark after a full reset? This is before connecting it to icloud or loading programs.

Point being you could have a lot of background tasks slowing things way down. Dig through the settings and disable all the background tasks you don't have any use for. As there is likely junk running in the background which doesn't need to be.
Im gonna do an full reset soon, ill post the results
[automerge]1579461217[/automerge]
What’s the problem? The Pro Max is outperforming your old Max by quite a bit.. In everday performance like opening and closing apps or websites you’re not going to see a night and day difference. Download and export a large 8k video file and you’ll see a big difference in performance. Also, that benchmark score will change every time you run it. It can be effected by a multitude of different conditions so I wouldn’t worry too much about the numbers
Thats the problem... i feel the everyday tasks to be a bit clunky. Now what i felt. I believe
Gonna do the reset and ill post the results here okay?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.