Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Asu

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2006
Hello, this is the problem: from time to time I need to silence my phone (iPhone X with the latest OS). When that happens, and I forget to unsilence it, then I miss some of the calls and unless I remind myself to look at my phone every 15 minutes, I don't look at them for hours. Then people are mad at me that I ignore them. SO ... this is what I need: when I am silenced, I either get buzzed every 2 minutes repeatedly until I look at the message, or eventually break thru the silence and give me a ding. Is there such an app?

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
You can go to Settings > Notifications > Messages and then change „Repeat Alerts“ to up to 10 times (only works for Messages notifications).

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
You can also add "Vibrate on Silent" in Settings > Sounds & Haptics, and make sure there is a vibration pattern selected for Text Tone (rather than None). When my iPhone is sitting on a table the vibration becomes audible.

You can also switch Banner Style for Messages (in Settings > Notifications) from Temporary to Persistent. While those persistent banners may soon become overwhelming, at least they don't disappear. Also, you may want to change Show Previews (again in Settings > Notification > Messages) to Always - this will display them on your lock screen as well as when the phone is locked.

Finally (and this one costs money)... get an Apple Watch. Your Watch will vibrate with each incoming text, and you can just glance at your wrist to see if it's something you need to read/respond to.

Asu

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2006
Thanks, guys. I didn't know there was a 10x option. I also made a very long custom vibration that will repeat 10 times. I wish I could make it 100 times ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.