Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
I installed Springtomize 3, since includes the desired feature. However, it really messes up my springboard, which I don't know if it's due to bugs or what. The number that I adjust doesn't correspond to what I end up having, I can't move icons among pages, etc. (Have anybody else been struggling with that?)

I just want to do what the title says, so I don't think I'll miss the rest of Springtomize's features. So, free alternatives?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Not free, but I find that Springtomize only in combination with FolderEnhancer and AllowNestedFolders will give me what I want.

There is some finetuning between the two, but only with the two can I dial things in.

The options to nest folders from either one may work for you, but I found neither did not for me - hence the third tweak.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
I installed Springtomize 3, since includes the desired feature. However, it really messes up my springboard, which I don't know if it's due to bugs or what. The number that I adjust doesn't correspond to what I end up having, I can't move icons among pages, etc. (Have anybody else been struggling with that?)

I just want to do what the title says, so I don't think I'll miss the rest of Springtomize's features. So, free alternatives?

Mine only jumble up going from portrait to landscape. 9.0.2

Deetlebug89

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2014
When I started using springtomize after every reboot my apps would always scramble themselves, because I always add extra rows and columns... However after turning on the toggle to lock springboard apps in place and prevent moving.... After moving things where I wanted them I then went to Settings>springtomize3>icons> select lock layout, ive never had this problem reoccur...

I'm on 9.0.2 and won't be updating

However I can imaging the 9.3.3 semi-untether causing this scramble problem with the reboot unless you lock the layout... But it's only my guess as I don't have the firmware to test this

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore

betterFiveColumnHomescreen

(unless you want more than five columns)

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
I use Anchor to configure my screens any way I want. It is 9.3.3 compliant and worth what I paid in Cydia.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Not free, but I find that Springtomize only in combination with FolderEnhancer and AllowNestedFolders will give me what I want.

There is some finetuning between the two, but only with the two can I dial things in.

The options to nest folders from either one may work for you, but I found neither did not for me - hence the third tweak.

Thanks, but I don't need to mess around with folders. I just need to increase the number of rows (or columns in landscape mode) on my iPad from 5 to 6. Springtomize seems to have a few bugs regarding that function, so any alternative to accomplish that specific feature will be ok.

Mine only jumble up going from portrait to landscape. 9.0.2

Yes, I see that too, but could you see what happens if you increase the number of row and columns?

When I started using springtomize after every reboot my apps would always scramble themselves, because I always add extra rows and columns... However after turning on the toggle to lock springboard apps in place and prevent moving.... After moving things where I wanted them I then went to Settings>springtomize3>icons> select lock layout, ive never had this problem reoccur...

I'm on 9.0.2 and won't be updating

However I can imaging the 9.3.3 semi-untether causing this scramble problem with the reboot unless you lock the layout... But it's only my guess as I don't have the firmware to test this

Locking the SpringBoard apps defeats the very purpose of Springtomize and what I need it to do.

betterFiveColumnHomescreen

(unless you want more than five columns)

Thanks, but it doesn't work for me. I need to increase the number of rows (or columns in landscape mode) on my iPad from 5 to 6. BetterFiveColumnHomescreen won't do that.

I use Anchor to configure my screens any way I want. It is 9.3.3 compliant and worth what I paid in Cydia.

Thanks, but Anchor's purpose seems to be creating blank spaces between icons. What I need is not that, but increasing the number of rows (or columns in landscape mode) on my iPad from 5 to 6.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Thanks, but I don't need to mess around with folders. I just need to increase the number of rows (or columns in landscape mode) on my iPad from 5 to 6. Springtomize seems to have a few bugs regarding that function, so any alternative to accomplish that specific feature will be ok.

Yes, I see that too, but could you see what happens if you increase the number of row and columns?

Locking the SpringBoard apps defeats the very purpose of Springtomize and what I need it to do.

Thanks, but it doesn't work for me. I need to increase the number of rows (or columns in landscape mode) on my iPad from 5 to 6. BetterFiveColumnHomescreen won't do that.

Thanks, but Anchor's purpose seems to be creating blank spaces between icons. What I need is not that, but increasing the number of rows (or columns in landscape mode) on my iPad from 5 to 6.

In Springtomize set columns to 6 and rows to default. Also, get anchor, this allows you occupy any row without iOS attempting to force the next icon to the last place in line..... While in portrait, after you get your setup right, then 'lock' the layout. This should help in it from jumbling up in portrait.

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
In Springtomize set columns to 6 and rows to default. Also, get anchor, this allows you occupy any row without iOS attempting to force the next icon to the last place in line..... While in portrait, after you get your setup right, then 'lock' the layout. This should help in it from jumbling up in portrait.

Not sure if I follow you.

Anyway. I have this on Springtomize (this is the intended layout):

06ae8df9101af2fbf26117e09146ff22.jpg

This is how it looks my iPad on landscape mode (yaaay):

46bfbe8487bbe9edb1ca70d74396be79.jpg

This is how it looks on portrait (everything jumbled up):

c586b201dd1f02a65ea97871726725c8.jpg

I installed Anchor but nothing really changes. Apart from that, I activated the lock option in Springtomize, but it remains the same.

For real, isn't there any other app to accomplish the same thing?

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Not sure if I follow you.

Anyway. I have this on Springtomize (this is the intended layout):

06ae8df9101af2fbf26117e09146ff22.jpg

This is how it looks my iPad on landscape mode (yaaay):

46bfbe8487bbe9edb1ca70d74396be79.jpg

This is how it looks on portrait (everything jumbled up):

c586b201dd1f02a65ea97871726725c8.jpg

I installed Anchor but nothing really changes. Apart from that, I activated the lock option in Springtomize, but it remains the same.

For real, isn't there any other app to accomplish the same thing?

Not on the device and firmware you're on. Boxy 2, 3 and iconoclasm are the tweaks that do this. Seems like you need to change the default settings to 6 from your picture and things will look right in portrait. When I get home I'll look at mine.

e0affd55d2910a8a5c6b5fc0694f5a91.jpg

As you can see mine is a tad different

This was accomplished with Springtomize and anchor

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Not on the device and firmware you're on. Boxy 2, 3 and iconoclasm are the tweaks that do this. Seems like you need to change the default settings to 6 from your picture and things will look right in portrait. When I get home I'll look at mine.

e0affd55d2910a8a5c6b5fc0694f5a91.jpg

As you can see mine is a tad different

This was accomplished with Springtomize and anchor

If I change from default to 6 I'll get a totally different layout. It's 4x6 what I need :)

Reactions: StarkCity

iRock1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
How did iPad users manage to do this before Springtomize?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.