Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaan104

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
India
I just bought a new MacBook with Touch Bar and when ever I'm watching something, or the Touch Bar is left inactive, it dims and sleeps which is really annoying to me.

Is there any terminal command or apple script through which I can disable this feature. I searched all the settings and it isn't available anywhere.

Please help me this thing is really annoying.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
it dims and sleeps which is really annoying to me.
Well the touchbar is an OLED display which has a tendancy to burn in, so I think sleeping, is one way that apple implemented to help mitigate that short coming.

Reactions: shaan104

shaan104

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
India
Well the touchbar is an OLED display which has a tendancy to burn in, so I think sleeping, is one way that apple implemented to help mitigate that short coming.
I do get your point but if someone is not using his MacBook as a media device and is always using it (like typing or coding on it instead of watching Netflix or Youtube), then the Touch Bar would never get dim/sleep. So I just wanted that it doesn't sleep when left inactive.

Ilja.v

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2019
Belgium
I'm using a 2017 15" touchbar macbook pro (A1707), the touchbar dims at 50 sec. and goes completely off at 60 sec. it's driving me crazy and there is no way in the osx settings to change this.

I tried writing a script that activates a specific button (any one i choose) to be pressed every 30 sec.
but pressing buttons with a script dont work, the touchbar screen dims and goes off anyway after 60 sec.

I know its to prevent burn in but i would at least liked to have had the choice.

Is there any way that works to keep the touchbar permanently on?

Thank you.

Reactions: shaan104
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.