Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yakmaniac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
I have an iPhone 4S which is running 5.1.1. I want to upgrade it to iOS6.1.2 but not ios7 or 8 or 9. I know Apple stopped signing 6, but I was able to download the iOS6.1.2 firmware from redmondpie.com but now i dont know what to do with that file.

I dont know anything about jailbreaking and would like to avoid that if possible. any ideas? thanks in advance!

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
sorry but i think the olny way you can upgrade now day is too IOS 9 and if i where you if your iphone 4S runs this fine on IOS 5.1.1 keep it there if you want a newer verison of IOS then iwould get a iphone 6 or 6S but iphone 4S is getting too old now for any more IOS upgrade turst me keep your iphone on IOS 5.1.1

kapp2

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2015
Denmark
sorry but i think the olny way you can upgrade now day is too IOS 9 and if i where you if your iphone 4S runs this fine on IOS 5.1.1 keep it there if you want a newer verison of IOS then iwould get a iphone 6 or 6S but iphone 4S is getting too old now for any more IOS upgrade turst me keep your iphone on IOS 5.1.1

iOS 6 support the new apps, that are out today :) iOS 6 runned exelent on my old 4 compared to 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.