Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snash22

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2023
I would like Apple Card to be the default card for Apple Pay.

Under Transaction Defaults I have Apple Card listed as the default.

Whenever I go to use Apple Pay on my Apple Watch it goes to use my Apple Cash, which only has a few dollars in it, so it fails for insufficient funds.

What am I doing wrong?

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
You could try checking under your AppleID then Payment & Shipping options to make sure the Apple Card is default.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I would like Apple Card to be the default card for Apple Pay.

Whenever I go to use Apple Pay on my Apple Watch it goes to use my Apple Cash, which only has a few dollars in it, so it fails for insufficient funds.

What am I doing wrong?
In the Apple Watch app on your phone, go to General > Wallet & Apple Pay and scroll down ... below the list of cards there's a section titled TRANSACTION DEFAULTS. Make sure your Apple Card (or other card of your choosing) is listed as the Default Card.

Reactions: snash22 and iStorm

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
On which device? Sounds like maybe you set it as the default card on your iPhone, but not on your watch. Each device can have their own default card. Make sure you also set it as the default card through the Watch app on the iPhone.

snash22

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2023
On which device? Sounds like maybe you set it as the default card on your iPhone, but not on your watch. Each device can have their own default card. Make sure you also set it as the default card through the Watch app on the iPhone.

Yep, that was it. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.