Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4PPC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2015
I got tired of the site www.oldapps.com not being available on the web anymore and decide to try something.

So I literally took a trip back in time to 2020 with the WayBack Machine and to my surprise I downloaded what remained to be Stuffit Expander 15 version 15.0.4 for OS X 10.5 or later on PowerPC and Intel Mac's. It is suppose to work with Snow Leopard and Lion as well. So Far I have only tested it on my G4 with Leopard so it does work for the PowerPC. So you should get it too and use archive.org too while you are at it.

I did download VirtualBox 4.3.14 for OS X 10.5 for PowerPC from there too but don't fall for that one it won't install on your PowerPC at least not on my G4. I think VirtualBox was made for Intel only that one version saying it's for PowerPC must be a mistake.

For some reason when you click to download the files from the archived site the WayBack Machine redirects you to the actual download link seems they went to great lengths to preserve the files once stored at Oldapps.com which is awesome.

Stuffit Expander 15.0.4 you can get it from the source or you can use the direct link from below

I attached a screenshot of Stuffit Expander 15.0.4 running on my G4 it will ask you to register but I just ignored that and it will ask if you want it to check for updates just ignore that and tell it not to do it. You will not find a newer version than it as far as I know as I checked the Macintosh Garden and the Macintosh Repository both only had at the latest of Stuffit Expander 2011 was version 15.0.2

Stuffit_Expander_15.0.4_Universal_Leopard.dmg It has been rename for clarification but I tested the file after downloading it and it does work on my G4 as well, and I even installed it on my Intel MacBook 2,1 with Snow Leopard and it works fine. I attached a screenshot showing that it installs the Intel version too.

Enjoy and have fun traversing time on the old world wide web. It's literally the only way to travel back in time.

Attachments

• StuffitEx1504.jpg
    StuffitEx1504.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Stuffitex1504intel.jpg
    Stuffitex1504intel.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 112
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.