Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Because my iPhone 6 on 8.4, i was needing the support of my workhorse, my iPad rMini.
I put ElCapitan on an external SSD on a Mac, and had iOS 9 on my iPad Air 1 and loved the interaction between the two. Both os's were reasonable stable, well useable so I updated my rMini to 9. Little did I realize how much i depended on that device and my iPhone working together. Luckily i backed up my rMini properly and was able to go back.
I do like the new features of iOS 9 and cant wait for the public release. I just cant even think about doing anything to my iPhone liked using it for a beta tester. I just need it to work too much. Lol. Coward? Maybe
Anybody else afraid to mess with a good thing?

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
I don't know. I updated both, my Air 2 and iPhone 6 to iOS9 beta and so far so good. Minor bugs and errors aside both work fine and play together nicely. Few apps won't work properly but thats it. I'm very happy with the beta.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
My MBA, iP 6 and now the rMini play well together (always have) and my Mac Mini and Air 1 are letting me bata test and are playing well together. I just couldn't do them all. Especially because notability was crashing on open in 9 and I use it at work to take notes.
I'm back to solid. I'm looking forward to the public release.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I've been running iOS 9 since Public Beta 1 on both my iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2. Has worked perfectly fine other the slightly degraded battery life, some apps not working (doesn't affect any that I actively use but it does make Procam 2 unusable, and I have been looking to use that).

Overall, I've been happy. Just don't use Quick Reply. At all. It usually freezes and/or doesn't bring up the keyboard. iOS 9 so far performs a bit better than iOS 8 on my iPad (other than the App Switcher and the 4x4 folders are a tiny bit iffy), while things are a little bit worse than iOS 8 for my iPhone. Main issues are App Switcher (horrible frame rate on my iPad when scrolling, and it's even worse when entering/exiting the switcher with many apps involved. Frame rate occasionally suffers even on my iPhone) and opening apps, there's a delay after the icon darkens.

iOS 9 overall has been fine. I wouldn't suggest PB 1 but PB 2 is much better as PB 1 broke cellular connectivity for Verizon iPhones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.