Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
I use the app Infuse to watch videos I have stored on my iPad. I love the gesture controls the app has - swipe left to scrub backwards, right to scrub forwards. Swipe up and down on the right hand side to change the volume, on the left hand side to change screen brightness. Unfortunately it doesn’t support AirPlay well - if you use Airplay to send the audio to HomePod the audio keeps playing but the video doesn’t. So when I want to use HomePod I have to use the TV app. It’s so bad. One there’s no options on how to see/sort the videos, they’re displayed as little thumbnails with only partial titles being visible. There’s no way to change it to a simple list like Infuse has. Two the scrubbing is awful. If you don’t have your finger in the exact right spot on the little white dot nothing happens. Apple has to be able to come up with something better than this?!? Also how about incorporating a feature the YouTube app has where you can double tap to move forwards and backwards. This can’t be that difficult, can it?

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Yeah. It’s really odd considering how the primary use for the TV app is to watch movies yet they make scrubbing so difficult. Why not just use the YouTube “double tap” method for skipping?

Reactions: Rogifan

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
Another design choice I don't understand by Apple. Why they don't simply use their standard video controls at least? Same thing for videos on the file app.

Reactions: Rogifan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.