Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
I love my iPhone Xs max, it’s beautiful but I would love to see Apple have create another aluminium backed iPhone like the 7 Plus W ith the same iPhone Xs bezelless display, anyone else think this would be beautiful?

Reactions: bleak7

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I love my iPhone Xs max, it’s beautiful but I would love to see Apple have create another aluminium backed iPhone like the 7 Plus W ith the same iPhone Xs bezelless display, anyone else think this would be beautiful?

That’s why they came out with the XR.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Ehm.. iPhone XR?

The iPhone Xr has a glass back, I mean I love the aluminium back with the plastic lines on the back.
Aluminum-backing would mean no wireless charging, which would be a step back in my opinion.

Maybe they could add something like a smart connector etc, but don’t get me wrong I love the glass it’s beautiful, it’s just I loved the full aluminium back

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Maybe they could add something like a smart connector etc, but don’t get me wrong I love the glass it’s beautiful, it’s just I loved the full aluminium back
Eh, they could but then we are talking about yet another Apple-specific connectivity method. I’d much rather they stick with the industry-standard Qi charging method than reintroduce a phone with an aluminum back. 99% of buyers also throw a case on their phone making it a moot point for the majority in the end.

Reactions: ThatiPhoneKid

NorthSeaBeach

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2014
The Hague

Yes, I'd like to see a new iphone with a non glass back. Don't care for wireless charging and the insane price for repairing a broken glass back. And a glass back adds to the weight.

Unfortunately can't see it happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.