Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
All of the HELP and TROUBLESHOOTING apps assume that if you have Blue Tint, then you want it removed.

I don't want to remove Blue Tint from a photo.......I would like to ADD Blue Tint to a photo. I'm on a creative tare and I want to see what special effects I can get by adding Blue Tint.

I have the Photos App in OS 10.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I am not familiar with the latest release of Photos but in Lightroom other options would be:

1. Tone Curve, change the channel to Blue and lift the curve to add blue, drop the curve to remove it.
2. Split Toning to allow you to add a colour tint to the Highlights or shadows
3. The camera calibration section lets you tweak the colours

Maybe some of these are there in Photos now too?

Reactions: jusacruiser

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
I am not familiar with the latest release of Photos but in Lightroom other options would be:

1. Tone Curve, change the channel to Blue and lift the curve to add blue, drop the curve to remove it.
2. Split Toning to allow you to add a colour tint to the Highlights or shadows
3. The camera calibration section lets you tweak the colours

Maybe some of these are there in Photos now too?
I think Photos works a little different. According to this string the "White Balance" and "Cool" adjustments can add or decrease the blue.

Reactions: kenoh

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I think Photos works a little different. According to this string the "White Balance" and "Cool" adjustments can add or decrease the blue.
What you are doing is changing the color temperature by adjusting the white balance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.