Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i9inkers

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
Massive difference in performance, thank god they are finally optimising the OS for this chip;) Both benchmarks were undertaken under the same configuration with no apps running in the background.

This is now the machine that I wanted and I think Apple envisaged. Shame that it wasn't released as a fully tested product and we had a Beta product for a few months.

High Sierra:
High Sierra.jpeg

Mojave 14.1 B5:

Mojave14.1B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2015
Paris
Those before and after scores are within margin of error. Geekbench has always given scores with up to 5% +/- margins. Those scores and that app don’t reflect real world usage though. In real terms it makes no difference.

Reactions: StellarVixen

i9inkers

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
Those before and after scores are within margin of error. Geekbench has always given scores with up to 5% +/- margins. Those scores and that app don’t reflect real world usage though. In real terms it makes no difference.

I will take a 1k boost, in my personal experience I have never had 1k fluctuations between Geekbench tests. Very happy with this beast of a machine and how Apple are optimising as Mojave matures;)

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
LOL, your single score point actually dropped.

What is it good for, when so many apps run on a single thread? Which means for day to day usage, you won't even notice anything.

As person above said, maybe this is just a false reading.
[doublepost=1540718767][/doublepost]
I will take a 1k boost, in my personal experience I have never had 1k fluctuations between Geekbench tests. Very happy with this beast of a machine and how Apple are optimising as Mojave matures;)

i9 is a beast, there is no question about that.

It is these scores that are questionable.

i9inkers

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
Very true,

Im more interested in the multicore score though as most of the tasks I use the MacBook for actually utilise all of the 12 cores;)

Jul 4, 2015
Paris

That 1K is margin of error, just noise, for for that level of processor.

My 5 ghz desktop 8700k has multi core results +/- 2K.

Benchmarks should always be seen as ballpark figures not real world.

Reactions: i9inkers
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.