Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Island Dog

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
St. Cloud, FL.
I should be getting my new iBook this Monday. I have been reading through these forums about things I should get. I have found some great advice, and some confusion on some things.

Yesterday I order a Screensavrz from Radtech. I plan to get some iKlear when I pickup my iBook, along with a sleeve.

One problem I have been reading about is the problem with palm "marks" on the palm rests of iBooks. I was looking at Wrist Rugs but they are like $30 shipped. I have about people using PDA protectors. What is the best option?

And is there anything else that is recommended to get? Thanks for your help.

i_never_existed

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2005
at the moment... Chile
deepisland said:
I should be getting my new iBook this Monday. I have been reading through these forums about things I should get. I have found some great advice, and some confusion on some things.

Yesterday I order a Screensavrz from Radtech. I plan to get some iKlear when I pickup my iBook, along with a sleeve.

One problem I have been reading about is the problem with palm "marks" on the palm rests of iBooks. I was looking at Wrist Rugs but they are like $30 shipped. I have about people using PDA protectors. What is the best option?

And is there anything else that is recommended to get? Thanks for your help.

I am also new to the apple thing.

I just got an ibook 14" and it ROCKS. I also got the sleeve, and the spray... I think everybody does at first when facing the fact of keeping this pure white notebook clean... don't worry about the palms though.

After a while you relax a little, and realise that yes, it IS white, but it's not soooo difficult to clean.

I have had mine for around 5 months now... and it still looks fresh from the box, and I smoke over the thing, use it on the train and metro, etc...

Just, get the spray, as the screen is a toughy to keep clean, and ENJOY!!!

: )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.