Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
hey guys and gals, i posted last night about how 'Dockextender' messed up my computer in this thread... https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54096

i managed to fix it by calling codetex and having them guide be through the steps to fixing it. everything seems to be ok now except its noticably more laggy. i know for a fqact thats its not my eyes misconceiving me cause i tried runnign altivec fractal carbon and xbench and the numbers are significantly slower. i used to score 95-96 points on xbench and 3.2 gigaflops on altivec but now i get at most 74 points on xbench and 2.8-2.9 gigaflops on altivec. anyone knows whats going on?

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI
Try re-installing os x (note: you do not have to delete any file) and then see how it works. I did this once to my computer and it felt faster.

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
should probably start a new thread for this, but is it possible to delete the 'previous system' folders? they seem quite large, and unnecesary, and i have two!!

Hob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.