Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anoi

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2006
I'm currently looking into travelling around Auz/NZ and several other places :) Though i'd like to take a laptop as i'll be taking a lot of photographs, and need a way to process these, and store them ready for sending home.

What's the battery life on the 12inch iBook? Realistic times, not Apple's idea of times ;)

Thanks

NYmacAttack

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2005
NY
I usually get around 3:30~4 hours or so with wifi on. Sometimes a bit less if im doing some intensive stuff.

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
Mine can easily reach 4 hours doing all the normal stuff, wifi on, browsing, playing iTunes etc. I can also watch 2, 2 hour dvd's on one charge.

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
I use to be able to get 5 hours on my ibook with wifi and 40% backlight on. Now I can only get 4 hours of wifi with my macbook :mad:

Blind Buzzard

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2005
Where?
My year old 12in iBook gets around 4.5 hours of battery life with the wifi on and the "better battery life" checked.

I get around 3 hours of battery life when selecting "Custom." (I have this set for best possible performance.)

Not bad for a year old battery!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.