Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellowcab

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
in the apple store they told me that the new powerbooks will be a 933 a 1g and won't show up at the 5th of november

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Originally posted by yellowcab
in the apple store they told me that the new powerbooks will be a 933 a 1g and won't show up at the 5th of november

So when will they show up? Did you mean to say:

"won't show up UNTIL the 5th of November?"

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Two kinds...

Originally posted by madamimadam

BTW, the line was "this world divides into people who think there's 2 kinds of folks and those who don't".

"There are only two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are only two kinds of people in this world, and those who don't." -- Robert Benchley

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by yellowcab

Truthfully, people in the Apple Store know just as much as you and I

Pretty stupid of them to tell you new ones are coming, though, when they would want you to buy one now

boo-bear

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2002
Idaho
Doubts about Election Day Products...

Ok, am I the only one thinking that it's unlikely Apple would put out new product on a national election day in the US? Just a thought.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Re: Doubts about Election Day Products...

Originally posted by boo-bear
Ok, am I the only one thinking that it's unlikely Apple would put out new product on a national election day in the US? Just a thought.

I don't know if the movies are true but I thought most US citizens did not vote anyway.
:)

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Well the surprise is, 60% of the electorate came out to vote in the vote that wasn't counted right.

Before that, the record was 50%. So it was true at one point. Hopefully though national security will encourage people to vote more again. I wonder how many people more or less vote during a non-presidential election vs. a presidential election.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by gopher
Well the surprise is, 60% of the electorate came out to vote in the vote that wasn't counted right.

Before that, the record was 50%. So it was true at one point. Hopefully though national security will encourage people to vote more again. I wonder how many people more or less vote during a non-presidential election vs. a presidential election.

It is quite sad to think that so many people are not going to vote on overall ability but desire to lock down

dabirdwell

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2002
Oklahoma
Voters

Naturally many times more people show up to vote in a presidential election than any other type, and if you mean "record" in the sense of "the most ever," that's not true at all. There have been various times in the history of the US with much higher voter turnout, at times it has been greater than 90%.

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
Really? I looked at my U.S. history book and saw most of the time the vote count for a Presidential election was barely 50% if that. I remember what they said for Bush vs. Gore was 60%. Now perhaps early on it was a higher percentage, but since WW II our sense of the necessity for being part of an election seems to have declined except recently.

Sherman

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
Berzerkeley
Meh

I've used a tiBook 800 on my lap before and it doesn't get too hot.

my old clamshell ibook is only slightly cooler.

And the drive heads do stop, when you stop hearing your HD noise, the heads are parked. And if a head hit the platters, your drive would be dust, it wouldn' make it not last as long. silly person.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.