Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taytho

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
KC, MO
i have noticed that my screen on my iBook is brighter on the right side. And specifically in the lower right hand corner..... i love its brightness and wish the whole screen had this sort of brightness but sadly it does not. Is there anything i can do about this? Is this something applecare would cover? Could the fix this without replacement.... or is it worth it?

It has never been dropped or anything and after i noticed it last week it has really been hard to not notice lately. thanks folks!

tt

taytho

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
KC, MO
SC68Cal said:
sounds likea backlight issue. If you have applecare, give it a try
would this be something that i would have to get the whole laptop replaced. or could i go in and have just the screen replaced?

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
Not sure. Replacing the screen is a piece of cake, but in my single experince at the apple store with an ipod mini with a bad hold switch, the genius said if I had applecare he would have just replaced the ipod completely.

I think they'll try to replace the screen first. Who knows though? You might get lucky. I know the King Of Prussia Apple Store is trying to get rid of some late G4 iBooks

taytho

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
KC, MO
here is a big over all question then. What options do i have for backing up my system if i have to get a new ibook. I dont want .Mac enough to pay that much for it. I do not yet have a external HD.... which i may need.
When you do a back up..... what do you actually back up. Everything? Will i have little things like messanger conversations that i have saved on MSN.... all my files.....preferences.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.