Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Hi, I was wondering if the keys from the keyboards of an iBook G3 (600MHz, dual USB) can be 'retrofitted' onto the keyboard of the iBook G4 current rev (like, jsut the top that has the symbol on it). Both are 12" btw, and i would have just gone for it, but i figured i should ask first; the keys on the G4 seem a little harder to take off... ok thankx:)

nickelbackmac

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2006
Jonesboro, Arkansas USA
Mr_Brightside_@ said:
Hi, I was wondering if the keys from the keyboards of an iBook G3 (600MHz, dual USB) can be 'retrofitted' onto the keyboard of the iBook G4 current rev (like, jsut the top that has the symbol on it). Both are 12" btw, and i would have just gone for it, but i figured i should ask first; the keys on the G4 seem a little harder to take off... ok thankx:)

I don't know if this will help, but I have an iBook G3, and I bought some keys for it a while ago, and I got G4 keys instead of G3, and they don't fit. So, with my thought, I don't think so.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
nickelbackmac said:
I don't know if this will help, but I have an iBook G3, and I bought some keys for it a while ago, and I got G4 keys instead of G3, and they don't fit. So, with my thought, I don't think so.
Ok thankx a lot, very helpful it turns out :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.