Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tenoates

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Hi,

My iBook G4 comes with the standard VGA adapter. My problem is that some LCD projectors just won't show the screen output causing embarassing situations in some presentations I've had to make.

So far, the Panasonic PT-LC56E & Sanyo (not sure which model) projectors don't capture the display.

I thought this should not be a problem w/ macs.

Any possible solutions for this problem?

TIA

baxterbrittle

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2005
I assume you've tried changing resolution/refresh rate for the projector? Some projectors won't run at certain refresh rates/resolutions. Try all the optional res's rfr's.

tenoates

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Yes I have. I also tried detect displays. Nothing

The projector just shows a blue screen though my iBook screen blinks as soon as I plug in the adapter

gman71882

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Houston, Tx
I belive the Video card in that Computer will only allow you to Mirror the displays. You have to set your ibook to match the highest resolution of the LCD Projector : it should be 1024x768.
When you plug the projector in there should be an option in the System prefrences called "arrangement" click that tab and make sure that the Display's are mirrored. The select Detect Displays to show the resolutions that are available to you. You must select one that the computer and Projector can match each other at.
Both should be able to output to 1024x768. If not then you would have to go down to 800 x 600.

You can "try" this Firmware update(hack) to change the highest resolution of you ibook

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.