Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
Emphasis mine:
CaptainCaveMann said:
Keep it man and wait until they come out with a laptop thats not a rip off due to problems.
A laptop that is not a rip off due to problems? Thats already out, it's called the Macbook.

To the OP, if you can get a decent re-sale price for your iBook go for the MB. It is a great machine, and will be much, much faster than your iBook.

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
I think I am gonna give in a buy a 1.83GHz stock MacBook in 2 weeks from my Apple Store. Gonna order 2GB from Datamem.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
the widescreen and glossy screen are debatable as to wether it is an upgrade or downgrade

Comparing a G4 iBook screen and a new MacBook's glossy side by side, the iBook makes me feel like I'm developing cataracts. There's a HUGE difference in brightness, sharpness, and contrast, and the glare is minor and only an issue from angles.

lasuther

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2004
Grand Haven, Michigan
I bought a base MacBook with 1Gig of ram to replace my 12" iBook G4. The MacBook keyboard is much better, and the screen is nice. The problems I have with it is the increased size and wieght. I honestly didn't think it would be that much more, but I notice it a lot. Also, the MacBook runs very hot.

If you can wait, you should. Rev B will probably bring a price drop and a faster processer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.