Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
I might be getting a powerbook or an Ibook for xmas and I was wondering if you still have to buy the airport extreme card as I've heard that they now come built in but just wanted to make sure.
I was also wondering if the powerbook came with the built in mic? As I know the ibook does.

Can anyone clear this up for me? thanx :D

Starr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Thanx for clearing that up for me, you've just made my life so much easier lol :)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
They both come with Airport and Bluetooth 2. Both have built-in mic and the Powerbook has an audio-in port that allows you to plug in a real mic.

Starr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Just double checking once again, Once im ordering my Ibook/Powerbook I will only have to order the AirPort Express Base Station and theres no need for me to buy the AirPort Extreme Card since it comes built in?

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
Starr said:
Just double checking once again, Once im ordering my Ibook/Powerbook I will only have to order the AirPort Express Base Station and theres no need for me to buy the AirPort Extreme Card since it comes built in?
Correct.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
Starr said:

Airport Express is GREAT! You will love it!
Of the four people I've helped / convinced to switch - three of them HAD to buy an Airport Express. Sure there are lots of wireless routers out there... but AirTunes is just cool.

crazydreaming

macrumors 6502a
DJY said:
Airport Express is GREAT! You will love it!
Of the four people I've helped / convinced to switch - three of them HAD to buy an Airport Express. Sure there are lots of wireless routers out there... but AirTunes is just cool.

Yea it is. I have it in my college dorm room which is a suite with 2 rooms and a living room. All my roomates and I can be sitting on the couch in the living room, online, playing music on my speakers, and printing...

Starr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
No need to be like that mate I was only double checking like I said, I don't want to be sitting on christmas day with my laptop stuck to a desk, I would like to take advantage of the wireless option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.