Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVM

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Hello my trusty forum friends,
I'm freaking out right now because my ibook is having some serious problems. Right now, the apple menu is transparent and has no items on it. I can move the mouse around, but the dock doesn't appear and the folders that are normally on my desktop aren't there anymore. It's odd because my wallpaper is still up, but I can't do anything. I've tried manually shutting down/restarting/etc. by pressing the power button, and it asks me if I want to shut down, restart, log off...you know the command. Anyway, I click on one of the buttons, but nothing happens. PLEASE HELP!!!! Any suggestions?!?

MacVM

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Oh, and I already tried contacting tech support, but apparently they close at 6 pm. :mad:

MacVM

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Okay, I heard from someone I know that has a Mac to press shift, ctrl, option, and the power button simultaneously. IT WORKED! Does anyone have an idea what happened? It's never frozen like that.

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
i have no idea but im glad you fixed it. I'll remember that key command if anything like that ever happens to me. I was going to suggest pulling the battery out of it if nothing else worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.