Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
So I bought that ibook from williamharrison, the one that had all those issues with a previous buyer? Well, I figured I'd take it off his hand. Arrived a week or so later. Started it up once, just to make sure it worked. Started it up later that day, ran a few programs, the thing freezes. It has not started up since. It gets to the grey screen with the little spinning logo and just hangs out like that until the battery runs out. I've done the FSCK thing and it gives me this: "IOATA controller device blocking bus" over and over. I've read that this is most likely a hard drive problem. But I do know there has always been issues with the logic boards in these ibooks. How can I tell which it is?
My next question is, how do I know which restore/install discs will work with my computer. The seller said he would ship them, but they have not arrived and has not answered many PM's. So I need to find these discs so if I do need to replace the HD, I can have them to get the system going.
The ibook I'm talking about is an ibook 700mhz with an airpord card installed. I have tried to take the airport card out and start it with the same issues.

here is the link to the computer in question: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/194454/

thanks for any and all help, Im so lost and kind of bummed. I just bought a dual 2.7 G5 to start using, but I got the ibook for everyday use and I dont want to start using the G5 for stuff like that.

dustin in washington

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.