Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djkut

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2002
Currently at the Apple Store for Education there is a $50 rebate on most iBooks. (Some are $47) Smells like new portables to me.

DavPeanut

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2002
Maryland
I would be nice if it did get an update, but that would make me mad. I just got a new one like a week and a half ago (I would have waited, but I needed it for school). The Powerbooks need updating. Also, if they did ugrade the ibooks, they would be fater that the Tibooks, which is not going to happen. There could be a joint upgarde though.

Welcome razekaze!

djkut

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by DavPeanut
The Powerbooks need updating. Also, if they did ugrade the ibooks, they would be fater that the Tibooks, which is not going to happen. There could be a joint upgarde though.

I completely agree. I think it will be a complete portable line upgrade. Let's hope for at least 933mHz TiBooks but hopefully 1gHz.

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
My guess:

iBook 12"

800mhz G3 or 700mhzG4
32MB VRAM
256MB Standard
No more 14" model

TiBook

867mhz (lowend) and 1Ghz (High)
64MB VRAM
No SuperDrive

14" is brought back in January as the SE model...with higher resolution and a graphite case.

Probably off though.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Originally posted by xelterran
ddr should go in the tibooks and imacs aswell - maby even the ibook.

"Fake" DDR or the real thing? Apple's current DDR implementation would hardly make a difference. But I suppose Apple is bound to do it sooner or later, from a pure marketing standpoint. I don't see the G3 iBooks getting DDR though.

I've been drooling for an iBook for awhile now, but I can live without it, so I'll give it a year and see where it is then. I sure hope they don't eliminate the 12" iBook, I happen to think a smaller laptop is better!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.