Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g^3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
hello,
I just ordered the new ibook with a 80gb hard drive and was wondering how long it should take to arrive. I looked at the fedex tracking and it said it was shipping from china. Does anyone know how long it should take to get to the states? Also, is it normal for it to ship from china?

I also want to thank everyone here for giving such good advice in the 12" ibook vs. powerbook debate. After reading the forums i couldn't justify the extra $500 for the PB, maybe i'll upgrade when they release the new PB's.

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
g^3 said:
hello,
I just ordered the new ibook with a 80gb hard drive and was wondering how long it should take to arrive. I looked at the fedex tracking and it said it was shipping from china. Does anyone know how long it should take to get to the states? Also, is it normal for it to ship from china?

I also want to thank everyone here for giving such good advice in the 12" ibook vs. powerbook debate. After reading the forums i couldn't justify the extra $500 for the PB, maybe i'll upgrade when they release the new PB's.

They're building it for you. :p

About 5-6 days. :)

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
g^3 said:
hello,

It only ships from China if you build to order. It sounds like you did, so this isn't unusual at all.

Don't be alarmed either (you can be annoyed) when it sits at a Fedex facility in Shanghai for a couple of days.

I ordered mine the day of the last updates (Tuesday), and it was here by Thursday of the next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.