Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Original poster
I volunteered my iBook for a Powerpoint presentation in class tomorrow. I hope it works!

What's the process in hooking up my iBook to the projector? I have a video adapter cable that came with the iBook, so I'm definitely taking that. When I plug that in will the video signal automatically go to the projector? I recall with windows you had to select F6 or something like that.

Thanks in advance for your responses...

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
Chicago
should dipslay it right away. just as if you were connecting it to an external lcd or crt. at least i think it should

dont quote me on that! ;)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
i used my PB for a presentation in class. Be sure to get there a little early, so you can set it up and make sure it works (and change your wallpaper FROM a picture of men in kilts... my wallpaper got quite a response! hehe).

iSaint

macrumors 603
Original poster
Everything worked fine. The video out adapter cable that came with my iBook hooked right up to the LCD, and I had a blank template of the Powerpoint presentation up and running so there was no waiting time for setup. Thanks for your responses!

Also, I had the coolest Powerpoint template - the chalkboard - only available on Mac version of MS Office. Nice comments in the class.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.