Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

victor_patv

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Ontario Canada
severe issues with computer,
hi,
I purchased a computer from a selller on ehmac.ca and the screen is completely black. After going through the process on the apple support page he wants me to send it back to him.
I'm a little uncomfortable doing this, as I would be without the COD money and the computer and I would be paying to ship it to him which doesn't seem fair.
On a side note the computer did not come with a power cord which I was fairly upset about as I had assumed any computer sold would come with a power cord, while checking everything else because you really can't take things for granted, but I have purchased a power cord now.
What is the proper action to take now? Should I send it? What should I demand ask for? At this point I would simply like to distance myself from this computer receive a refund and purchase another through the board but I realize that is probably not within my rights. Oh and if anyone has a golden solution to display issues please let me know.
thanks for any advice you can give,
Patrick, victor_patv@mac.com

p.s. I don't think I'll be saying who it is quite yet, as he is still participating in a dialogue albeit not to my satisfaction.

p.p.s. i didn't know whether to put this in marketplace or here given the advice i'm asking for, sorry if it is in the wrong spot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.