Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blomede

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2017
I upgradedd my iPhone SE to iOS 11 and my iTunes to 12.7, and they have deleted all my books in the iBooks app.

1. Does anyone have any tops about how I can access all my old books? I have backup of the phone, but I'm not sure how to access the books.

2. If anyone has good suggestions for a replacement app for iBooks, I welcome tips. I have DRM-free books, PDFs and epub-format books that I want to be able to read and store safely in the app. If it also has a MacOS alternative, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I upgradedd my iPhone SE to iOS 11 and my iTunes to 12.7, and they have deleted all my books in the iBooks app.

1. Does anyone have any tops about how I can access all my old books? I have backup of the phone, but I'm not sure how to access the books.

2. If anyone has good suggestions for a replacement app for iBooks, I welcome tips. I have DRM-free books, PDFs and epub-format books that I want to be able to read and store safely in the app. If it also has a MacOS alternative, that would be great.

Regarding a replacement - check out Aldiko Book Reader. I don't use it on my iPad but I do use use the Android version on another tablet and it works well there. There is also Ebook Reader.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

All of your purchased books should be on the main "collections" page, if not check the purchased tab at the bottom of the app. Now if you are talking about books you loaded outside of the iBooks ecosystem, you might have to reload them if you didn't use iCloud to sync them across devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.