Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Hey, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue and whether or not they've found a fix.

Whenever I'm reading in iBooks on my iPad 3 and I select a word to define, a blank screen appears and whenever I do the same on my iPhone 5 a screen appears that says "No Definition Found." And this occurs no matter what word I select.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
You probably have not installed the dictionary. At the bottom of the blank screen, touch "Manage" and download the dictionary you want.

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
You probably have not installed the dictionary. At the bottom of the blank screen, touch "Manage" and download the dictionary you want.

Thanks, that worked on my iPhone 5. However, on my iPad 3 nothing shows up but a blank screen and two options to "Search Web" or "Search Wikipedia." Not sure what's going on.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Same thing. Select a word, choose Define. At the bottom of the definitions window, touch Manage and install your dictionary.

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Same thing. Select a word, choose Define. At the bottom of the definitions window, touch Manage and install your dictionary.

For some reason, I actually had to uninstall iBooks and then re-install it and only then did the "manage" button finally appear.

Thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.