Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
For a while, everything was more or less perfect with iBooks syncing with iTunes. But this week, I updated iTunes to 12.5.4.42, and all of a sudden, iBooks shows up with a "Helper application" error and now, anything that I added to iBooks since then won't sync with iTunes, which means, my iPad and iPhone can't get those new books I'm adding. I tried deleting iBooks cache already as I have seen in other places, and no change. There's also no iCloud, so that's not an issue as I've seen with others. I would like to see a solution to my problem, since I really want to add more books into iBooks on my devices, and right now, I'm looking for a solution and I hope I don't have to revert back to the previous version.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
Update, it appears a restart fixed the problem, since now iTunes sees the books I added since the update, but we'll see.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
Another update, seems if the problem came up again with the two apps unable to communicate with each other. For now, it's like I have to restart the computer if I want to add any more books to iTunes. I wonder if reinstalling iBooks (which I don't know what to do) will do the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.