Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
There seems to be a real dropping of the ball by Apple on backing up and syncing up iBooks contents, particularly PDFs and other things not purchased from the iBooks store. I made the mistake of thinking that a full backup to iTunes of my wife's iPad would sync all of these and we lost several PDF books she had downloaded. I'm about to update to a new iPad myself and don't want to suffer the same fate.

Problem is, nothing seems to be working. I try to "Transfer purchases from iPad" in iTunes and nothing happens. I try to sync all the iBooks stuff in iCloud using iBooks for Mac, and it leaves out some PDFs. I can transfer them one by one through email but it should't be this hard.

Does anyone have a 'no fail', works every time method to getting all your iBooks stuff synced so that it can be restored on a new device?

TitanTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
So...nobody's got nothin'? My iPad gets here tomorrow. I'd love to figure out the solution to this.

username:

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2013
iBooks syncing has been unreliable since iOS 9 for me

My solution was to go with Dropbox or google drive for stuff that are not iBook. That's my suggestion

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.