Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
I posted a thread over at the OS X Mavericks forum, but I hoping maybe someone has a solution here that I'm not looking at.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm running this all on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). Lately, iBooks has had issues communicating with iTunes. What would happen is that while attempting to sync to iTunes, iBooks would say that it has a problem communicating with the helper application, or something to that wording. And when syncing my iDevices to the iBooks, nothing new that I added would be able to be synced. Last time this happened (about a week ago), a simple restart fixed it, but the problem popped up again last night, and I don't want to restart just to add new books (4 books) to the iPad or iPhone.

As a side note, now iBooks is not letting me add books via the drag and drop method, and I have to do it the long way. Any way to fix that? Or will I have to reinstall iBooks? How would I be able to reinstall iBooks anyway?

Does anyone have solutions to my issues? Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.