Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbiker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2001
New York
When are the new ibooks comming out, they haven't been updated for a while. Any news on what they will be like?

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
larger screen, more MHz

Hi guys,

the new iBooks will have a 13.3" screen (1024 x 768) and more MHz (a speed bump, like the iMacs)
Other than that, there shouldn't be significant changes.

amaray

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2001
Chicago 'Burbs
Anton's question

Why would someone want an iBook when we could get the powerbook instead? That was Anton's question. The answer:

people like myself - I am a high school chemistry teacher who would like a portable computer. now, it would be really cheap to get a PC, but I'd prefer an Apple (plus the whole school is on apple). Can I afford a $2500 G4 Powerbook? No way!

Therefore, there are people like myself who would LOVE to have th powerbook, but simply cannot afford it. Does that answer your question?

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
iBook

Well it looks like we didn't get that larger screen, the G4 chip, and more RAM. :(

Oh well, I'll settle for the 500Mhz and the 64MB Ram. They should have came standard with 128 though.

The new machines released this summer will have 128 Ram in them because Apple has released that OS X will be in all machines this summer.And seeing how the min requirement is 128 apple better supply 128!

MacBoy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.