Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JWindebank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Hi all. I have finally got networked users working on my Lion Server environment however have hit a stumbling block with getting a shared iCal environment up and running. I have setup the iCal service to be on in Server.app however receive an error when trying to set up an account. Here are the steps I take.

1. Login as a user (have tried local administrators, network administrators and network users on both the server and clients).
2. System Preferences.
3. Mail, Contacts & Calendars.
4. Add Account - Other.
5. Add a Mac OS X server account, Create.
6. Select the Lion Server, Continue.
7. Have tried combinations of Full Name, Username and Password for different users.
8. When I click Setup it comes back with a message saying "Unable to verify user credentials".

There is the following entry in the console, but no other information available:

9/10/11 11:47:48.779 PM System Preferences: The operation couldn’t be completed. (kCFStreamErrorDomainHTTP error 404.)

I have googled everywhere and am out of ideas, does anyone have any suggestions please? Not even sure where to look next...

Thanks.

Last edited:

JWindebank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
So Terry Walsh from wegotserved.com was able to help provide the answer to this. The problem was in step 6 where I selected the Lion Server name, this was somehow incorrect. If I enter the FQDN of the server here then the connection is made successfully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.