Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JanRod43260

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2022
NC, USA
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/icloud-calendar-invitations-issues.2019093/page-2 This was for icloud calendar invites but I am having the same problem with iCal on mt iPad, iPhone and iMac.

People say they don’t get all the calendar invites I send from the calendar. For those invites that come through, they can't accept my calendar sent invitations. On these, my husband checked the email and noticed they come from noreply@email.apple.com instead of my email address. When he opens the calendar entry, there is a third email address that is bizarrely long with gobblydegook ending in @imip.me.com. I presume this is the noreply email server. As a result, I never get confirmations from people who accept invites. Also, they never seem to get any updates to the original email. They also get a bounce back from the same bizarrely long gobblydegook email. Why? How can I change that so the email invites come from my email address instead of noreply@email.apple.com so that I will receive the acceptances.

After reviewing other posts, I want to add that both my and my husband's email address are in my address book. My calendar show my @me.com email address. Also, my @me.com email shows up as the primary for the Calendar app. My computer is running Catalina. His MacBook is running Monterey. All our iOS devices are running the latest iOS. This seems to happen regardless of whether the calendar invite is sent from my iPhone, iPad or iMac...

Also, I have tried making sure the title of the meeting, the location and notes are <49 characters.

HELP! This is making the iCal app unusable as a scheduling device.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.