Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sneakyob

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2008
I came on here today thinking that I would for sure see some posts on this, but I didn't.

So here is the issue. Last week I started to notice that events I put on my iPhone calendar were making it to the mobile me cloud, but were not coming back to my ical on my mac. In fact, some items would not go from ical to the cloud either. So I spent 4 hours in Mobile Me support chat with a rep that had me doing all sorts of tests. We forced a calendar sync, we tried to export calendars and re-import them. We reset sync history in isync, all sorts of things. Still no luck. Then today I noticed that the same thing was occurring on my wife’s ical to her iphone. The mobile me sync just sat and twirled and would come back with an error about being out of sync and do a "reset in sys prefs". (mine never gave me that error). Well, the reset won't work. Just does the same thing over and over.

So I started to think. Is this just in my house? But then today at the office I talked with 3 other people that told me in the last 3 weeks they have been having all sorts of calendar syncing issues. We all use MM, iphones and ical.

Anyone else having these issues? Mobile Me support told me that they have had a few, but nothing to create a stir over. This can't be just in my little world, can it??

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I had a similar issue with Address Book. iPhone to MobileMe worked fine, but from MobileMe to my Mac it always ended up giving me an error and reset preferences.

I also did everything you went thru and nada. I ended up re-installing OS X as a whole. Mind you this was 4 days before Snow Leo release and I was going to do it anyway to have a clean install for the upgrade. The problem is gone and hasn't come back.

aaxyz

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2010
ical events won't successfully sync

I just started having a similar problem with my iPod Touch using iCal. I add an event using the iPod Touch but not all the events are syncing with Mobile Me or with my desktop Macs.

I have repeatedly "synced" both in Mobile Me and on my iMac but several events are not showing up.

Would really like to hear some solutions. I am using OS 10.5.8 and do not intend to upgrade any time real soon.

thank you.

aaxyz

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2010
I solved my problem by plugging my iPodTouch into my computer, and through I Tunes, resyncing the calendar. This worked, but i'm not convinced it's a long term solution and would still like to hear from others.

daveyboy74

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2010
ical & iphone won't sync through mobile me

After using mobile me perfectly for months, just now it stopped syncing...

Here's how I fixed it:

Have three things open:

1) iphone calendar
2) mobile me calender
and 3) ical calendar

Check to see which is the most updated. This is so that you can work out at which end the problem is... Is it iphone? mobile me? ical?

Before you do anything: **Make a BACK UP of your ical calendar** (in iCal: File>Back up iCal)

Turn the iphone's calendar off from receiving "push" updates (settings > mail,contacts,calendars > youraccount@me.com > slide calendars to "off" > it'll ask you if you want to "keep on myiphone" or "delete from my iphone" > Choose setting relevant to your iphone's "updatedness" :)

Then - do the same thing, except turn the calendars setting back "on".

Your phone SHOULD update.

Once that's done - go back to your ical & click "sync now" under the little circular icon in the top menu bar.

Then, refresh the mobileme calendar page to see if they match.

Hope that helps!!!

p.s. This article helped me:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2003767

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.