Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
I am able to sync my iCal calendar to my iPhone and have events I put in iCal show on my iPhone. However when I add a new event, edit an event, or delete an event on my iPhone it remains unchanged in iCal.

Events I add, remove or edit from the iPhone do not show up on iCal.

Is there an option somewhere to enable two-way syncing? I want to be able to edit either place and have it merge together.

-Chris

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
ical syncing is two-way for me with my iphone.

i have found one trick to make sure it happens, though. i sync my iphone once or twice a week - when i first connect my iphone, itunes usually shows me a button that says "apply" as opposed to "sync" since i've usually made changes to what i want to sync to my iphone (this is visible on the bottom of the screen when i click on my iphone in the devices list in the itunes source list on the left). if that button says "apply" and i click it, i've noticed that it doesn't sync events and contacts changes back and forth. in order to make sure the events and contacts changes sync happens, i sometimes sync it a second time right after (and the button now says "sync" instead of "apply" in itunes).

ee99ee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2006
I've tried this as well -- still only syncs one-way.

-Chris

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
I'm in the same boat. This happened months ago, and then deleting the birthday calendar fixed it. After 10.5.3 -- it is broken again.

Reeeeeeeally annoying~ :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.