Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpmcnown

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2011
You two are not stupid, just ignorant and your posts show it by their irrelevance. Read up on what trademarks are and why companies like Apple have to defend them.

I just read up on every single company like Apple, all none of them. If a company is in any way "like", Apple, they'll sue their ass into non-existence. I gotta give it to Apple though, they did figure out how to have intellectual property, without having intellectuals.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
I just read up on every single company like Apple, all none of them. If a company is in any way "like", Apple, they'll sue their ass into non-existence. I gotta give it to Apple though, they did figure out how to have intellectual property, without having intellectuals.

I am sure your post passes for intellectual witticism in study hall.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
If it serves Apple, then they are ALL about people mistaking other products as their own. You'd think Apple would WANT people to see that logo. Really, just another nail in the coffin.

I remember having the original iPad, and everyone would come up asking "Oooh, is that the iPad?" But if Apple no longer wants their products publicly recognized, screw em. I would call those places back, and ask if you can get an iPad Mini skin with a Windows 8 logo, or Samsung logo instead. Having a Windows 8 logo on your iPad Mini isn't going to "magically" improve it's functionality, but at least people won't think you're a barista.

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe there is a concept in law that says in effect if a trademark holder declines to enforce his trademark he loses all rights to challenge its violation later. In labor law organizations that have unions, allowing a particular practice to occur repeatedly becomes a past practice and can't be changed without bargaining. Apple is right to enforce its trademark. The adage, "use it or lose it", comes to mind. :)

I have a Kuzy clear guard covering my rMBP. The Apple shield shines thru without a cut out. Other brands also have the full cover without the Apple cut out. Now, I wonder why they chose to produce their product that way?

Last edited:

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
I'm not a lawyer, but I believe there is a concept in law that says in effect if a trademark holder declines to enforce his trademark he loses all rights to challenge its violation later. In labor law organizations that have unions, allowing a particular practice to occur repeatedly becomes a past practice and can't be changed without bargaining. Apple is right to enforce its trademark. The adage, "use it or lose it", comes to mind. :)

Using half the words, this is what I posted. It won't get through to people angry in their ignorance.

jpmcnown

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2011
I am sure your post passes for intellectual witticism in study hall.

The intellectual impressiveness bar set by Apple, is frankly pretty low. I know people with an extra chromosome that are insulted by what Apple considers a "genius".

fairplayinc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Using half the words, this is what I posted. It won't get through to people angry in their ignorance.

TC25, there is no need for name calling. I'm well aware of the standard legal processes that corporations follow. That doesn't mean that I think that it's right.

The way you rely to posts, you come across as someone who also thinks our government has only your best interests at heart.

This seems to be a typical Apple forum though. Anytime I see posts with people just wanting to vent about a product or service, or need help with something, there is always the question of "why do you want to do that?". Instead of "let me help you" mentality. I obviously made a mistake thinking this place was any different. The majority of the Apple forum trolls all have the same arrogant replies. It's replies like that that push people to more open forums.

You would think that a long standing "per-intel" group of people would be a little more open minded and less discriminatory. Especially since that group has there own discriminatory problems with society.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Really? What the...? FFS, sometimes I just don't understand what Apple is doing :mad:

Legally they have to do it. Trademark protection requires that you enforce that only you (and those you license to) can use the mark . If you don't then you lose the mark. Case in point, aspirin was once a trademark of Bayer for a certain drug formula. They didn't stop others from using it for several years and lost the right to stop them.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
TC25, there is no need for name calling.
I didn't call anyone names.

I'm well aware of the standard legal processes that corporations follow. That doesn't mean that I think that it's right.
Then why did you start this thread?

The way you rely to posts, you come across as someone who also thinks our government has only your best interests at heart.

Read my signature line. Regardless, the government has nothing to do with this issue.

This seems to be a typical Apple forum though. Anytime I see posts with people just wanting to vent about a product or service,

And it is always so wonderful that people want to spew their juvenile venom in a discussion forum.

or need help with something, there is always the question of "why do you want to do that?".

People who genuinely need help ALWAYS get helped on MR. People who are too lazy to search usually do not. Venting is usually ignored. Ignorant, uninformed venting is not.

Instead of "let me help you" mentality. I obviously made a mistake thinking this place was any different.

You said you know the 'standard legal processes corporations follow'. Exactly what did you need help with?

The majority of the Apple forum trolls all have the same arrogant replies. It's replies like that that push people to more open forums.

You mean forums where uninformed ventings are accepted without comment.

You would think that a long standing "per-intel" group

I have no idea what a "per-intel" group is.

...of people would be a little more open minded and less discriminatory. Especially since that group has there own discriminatory problems with society.

Clearly your definition of "open minded" means people who mindlessly agree with you.

Especially since that group has there own discriminatory problems with society.
:confused:

Last edited:

fairplayinc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
I didn't call anyone names.

Then why did you start this thread?

Read my signature line. Regardless, the government has nothing to do with this issue.

And it is always so wonderful that people want to spew their juvenile venom in a discussion forum.

People who genuinely need help ALWAYS get helped on MR. People who are too lazy to search usually do not. Venting is usually ignored. Ignorant, uninformed venting is not.

You said you know the 'standard legal processes corporations follow'. Exactly what did you need help with?

You mean forums where uninformed ventings are accepted without comment.

I have no idea what a "per-intel" group is.

Clearly your definition of "open minded" means people who mindlessly agree with you.

:confused:

Nice little one line comments to every sentence. I figured I would lose you towards the end. Please share your wittiness when you figure it out. Otherwise, troll somewhere else.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Nice little one line comments to every sentence.

Bite sized pieces are easier to understand.

I figured I would lose you towards the end.

That corresponded to your divergence from reality.

Please share your wittiness when you figure it out.

Not worth the trouble. "Casting pearls before swine" comes to mind.

Otherwise, troll somewhere else.
Post reported, insulting other members violates MR rules. Unfortunately, educating people who refuse to understand what a copyright is, isn't trolling.

fairplayinc

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2010
Bite sized pieces are easier to understand.

That corresponded to your divergence from reality.

Not worth the trouble. "Casting pearls before swine" comes to mind.

Post reported, insulting other members violates MR rules. Unfortunately, educating people who refuse to understand what a copyright is, isn't trolling.

Wow. I'm impressed. Good ones. Your wittiness knows no bounds. Lets all bow to the witty copyright lawyer wanna be.

Please continue educating all of us that are ignorant and beneath you.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Wow. I'm impressed. Good ones. Your wittiness knows no bounds. Lets all bow to the witty copyright lawyer wanna be.

Please continue educating all of us that are ignorant and beneath you.

I'd let this die, he's just mopping the floor with you now....you clearly don't get what trademark protection procedure is, and just want to believe something else...

have a nice day...

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California
I'd let this die, he's just mopping the floor with you now....you clearly don't get what trademark protection procedure is, and just want to believe something else...

have a nice day...

totally. and still people can't understand what is right and wrong. why is it that people still insist that it's ok to steal someone else's property. if you owned Apple will you let people use your logo/trademark ? simple as that. it's not about big corporations going after small companies.

jpmcnown

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2011
totally. and still people can't understand what is right and wrong. why is it that people still insist that it's ok to steal someone else's property. if you owned Apple will you let people use your logo/trademark ? simple as that. it's not about big corporations going after small companies.

Though your clear, deliberate effort to anger me was somewhat successful, I believe it adds value to the thread, and because I'm an adult, I'd prefer to have an open dialog about our views regarding patent law, rather than report your offensive post to the moderators.

I believe other companies should take a trademark lesson from Apple™. They are the absolute best at patenting and trademarking obvious things™, and getting people to stand in line thinking it's revolutionary™. Kleenex™ would be completely justified in a court of iPhone™ owners, to sue the **** out of other square box manufactures™. But oh no, Kleenex™ never trademarked their magical, revolutionary, square box of tissues. Kleenex™, what a bunch of idiots that clearly don't understand trademark laws. When not wearing his tin-foil hat™, Steve™ believed the world was out to steal all of his ideas(because St Jobs™ never stole a thing in his life), projecting much Steve™?

"I will spend my last dying™ breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's™ $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs™ reportedly said. "I'm going to destroy Android™, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." -How that working for ya?

Not name calling, but if Steve Jobs™ had worked for Google™, he'd appropriately of been called an egotistical, narcissistic, paranoid schizophrenic, terrorist with nothing new to offer the world. Seems Steve's cult™ was created in his image, and didn't fall far from the Apple™ tree. Apple™ DID change the world of mobile computing, but it had very little to do with imagination, or innovation, and a whole lot to do with squashing the competition, and buying up patents from the companies Apple™ was already using the ideas of, and then suing the competition, claiming "you're using Apple's™ ideas". Ridiculous hypocrites. Thankfully, Apples™' ridiculousness in patent court(Einstein would be proud), is changing patent law to make the world a better place. Steve Jobs™: a patent law revolutionary, and my hero.

Last edited:

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
I'm well aware of the standard legal processes that corporations follow. That doesn't mean that I think that it's right.

So you understand that Apple is legally obligated to protect its trademark, but disagree with that legal requirement?

If that's the case, shouldn't you be talking to your congressmen / government representatives instead of ranting about Apple?

jpmcnown

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2011
So you understand that Apple is legally obligated to protect its trademark, but disagree with that legal requirement?

If that's the case, shouldn't you be talking to your congressmen / government representatives instead of ranting about Apple?

Ok, this is all starting to make sense now. And this really hits at the core of this issue. Please don't tell me you believe that crap most of us were subjected to in 2nd grade about "how a bill becomes a law". I really hope you understand that "the people" haven't had representatives in government for a very long time. Most sane, informed people understand that governments work for special interest groups, and corporations, not "the people". Others in this thread may be suffering from the same delusion. If that's the case, shouldn't they be talking to their psychiatrist about upping their meds instead of defending Apple against rants by one of "the people"? Ask Gizmodo editor Jason Chen what lengths certain corporations will go to in order to protect their stolen(aka "lost" to sane people) property.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
Most sane, informed people understand that governments work for special interest groups, and corporations, not "the people". to protect their stolen(aka "lost" to sane people) property.

For the most part, what you say is true. But, we are still free and the most of us make a good living being citizens here. :)

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
shouldn't they be talking to their psychiatrist about upping their meds instead of defending Apple against rants by one of "the people"?

No, the people who rant should up their meds to help them better cope with reality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.