Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heart Break Kid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2003
Toronto
I was wondering the likleyhood of iChat implementing video and audio capabilities with the latest beta's of AIM for windows. I personally believe this is an integral part of legitimizing this chat software and solidifying its place amongst other client giants such as ICQ, MSN Messanger and Yahoo.

Anythoughts on what you think the future of iChat looks like or the liklihood of video conf. with AIM users?

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
AOL and Apple are currently very friendly (Apple recently updated iTMS just for AOL account access) so the likely hood is high. I'm sure Apple will release an iChat update when AIM A/V gets out of beta.

dmbfloydian

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Fixes I'd like to see in future iChat:

Being able to have a profile (like in AIM)

And when you're away, and someone sends you a message, your damn away message should send back to them!! I've never understood that. It's one of the dumbest things about iChat.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
I, on the other hand, hate it when I type something to someone who'd gone idle, and their program keeps saying "I'm away from the computer" each time.

I can tell their idle from their iChat status, if I care.

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
I have jaguar and my ichat av beta is going to end soon. Anyone know where I can get a regular version of ichat? I dont want to spend money on the ichat av, cant afford panther, and dont know anyone with the capability to use the AV part anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.