Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
So the deal is: I have three Macs lying around, all within a fortnight of reformatting into Panther. Now, my primary computer (600Mhz iMac G3) is more or less stable apart from gross startup/other speed issues mentioned in another thread ("Speed Issues") which appears to be due to the harddrive. Now, the other 2 computers (450MHz iMac/1GHz eMac) seem to have issues running iChat -> the app bounces around a bit, stops bouncing, then quits before opening any windows.

Now strangely, how come I get this problem 2 out of 3 times and I hear of noone else with it? And to the point -> any ideas how to fix it? yes the permissions have been fixed, yes the prefs have been trashed, yes I have tried different users.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
When apps start acting funny, I open the console and see if any interesting output gets dumped there.

It couldn't hurt ...

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
thousands of users and one reply :(.. Anyhoo -> Crash logs don't mention iChat -> there's just two entries for MSN. All the other logs mean nothing relevant it seems. More help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.