Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meta nate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2022
So if you have a icloud account that is locked, it seems that if you forget one part your basically not getting anything back. Icloud account is locked.

I have user name. Password. Dob. But forgot security question and believe recovery email I think is wrong. No 2 factor is set, so that's out.

And because kids messed with phone passcode I cant get to only device tied to account.. I'm guessing I'm screwed because Apple support won't unlock or do anything with icloud

Is that correct?

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
so your kids messed with the phone passcode.and this phone is the only device tied to the account... you could try going to the nearest Apple store and get help.

Meta nate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2022
Even with proof of purchase (live in regional Australia nearest Apple store is 3hrs) could they even do anything.. saving the data is the key..don't wanna restore while being locked out?

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
Even with proof of purchase (live in regional Australia nearest Apple store is 3hrs) could they even do anything.. saving the data is the key..don't wanna restore while being locked out?
if im not mistaken,with proof of purchase Apple can do something about it.but im not sure about the data stored inside.you should try to contact Apple Support.they are very helpful.

Reactions: TwitchyPuppy

mtcislak

macrumors regular
May 30, 2019
You can download the apple support app and create a issue with password help. It will ask for a safe number to message you at and make you wait 30 days. After the 30 day wait period they text a link that will reset the password and security questions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.