Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

76ShovelHead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Florida
I've read everywhere possible reasons as to why this is happening. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing I can do until apple stops this 3 accounts per device charade :mad: and finds another way to limit this kind of stuff :rolleyes:. It's crazy how Windows Live offers 25 gb per person and does't limit them and Apple can limit 3 accounts per device with only 5 gb :eek:! I guess I kinda like the new google calendar interface anyway.

Anywhooo :rolleyes:, is there some hack/edit/way to bypass this cra*py system they're using? Or could I simply edit my serial number and stuff to match that of my eMac?

76ShovelHead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Florida
Yay its working!

I want to report, that if your in the same boat as me, as in your hardware info is missing or wrong or used up all three times, you can take your ole' disable (or still working) PPC Mac, in my case an eMac, and replace the serial on your smbios.plist file and it will work! :D :apple: :apple:

iclouder

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2012
need 1+ icloud account

Can you please post the solution for those who don't know how to replace the serial number in the smbios.plist?

I have multiple accounts on my mbp and I want an icloud account for all users. I actually even deleted one of my users on the mbp hoping that it will take the user off the icloud list and let me create new one but it didn't. Once you hit the limit your done with.

Any suggestions on how I can make another iCloud account once I have reached the limit?

iclouder

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2012
For those who care, apparently you can submit a request with the iTunes Express Lane for Apple to give you one more account if you have reached the limit.

But that is kind of lame. If anyone finds a better way please let us know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.