Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rezzo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Chile
I have an iPhone 6 up to date running iOS 9.2.1, and iCloud Backup has been working automatically - backing up my device every night.

Just about 2 weeks ago I decide delete old backups of iOS devices from System Preferences using my MacBook...

iMVGyVn.png

After that this feature stop working.

JC0yB37.png

If I disable the iCloud Backup on this view, I can't enable again. I need to connect my iPhone to iTunes, and from there enable again. Because if I tried to enable again from iOS doesn't work and display this popup:

C9Oe8Ky.png

R4RXpdE.png

I restart the device, reset my system preferences and nothing. Is broken.
Anyone experienced this?

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
This has also been happening to me ever since I deleted my backup on the 9.3 beta. I downgraded back to 9.2 temporarily, setting up as a new phone and signing in on a fresh restore and backup still didn't work after testing that.

My guess is that it's not 9.3 related since you have the issue on 9.2.1.

rezzo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Chile
This has also been happening to me ever since I deleted my backup on the 9.3 beta. I downgraded back to 9.2 temporarily, setting up as a new phone and signing in on a fresh restore and backup still didn't work after testing that.

My guess is that it's not 9.3 related since you have the issue on 9.2.1.
Really? Thanks for the information, I was thinking upgrade to iOS 9.3 PB to test if it worked.

getrealbro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2015
I have an iPhone 6 up to date running iOS 9.2.1, and iCloud Backup has been working automatically - backing up my device every night.

Just about 2 weeks ago I decide delete old backups of iOS devices from System Preferences using my MacBook...

iMVGyVn.png

After that this feature stop working.

JC0yB37.png

If I disable the iCloud Backup on this view, I can't enable again. I need to connect my iPhone to iTunes, and from there enable again. Because if I tried to enable again from iOS doesn't work and display this popup:

C9Oe8Ky.png

R4RXpdE.png

I restart the device, reset my system preferences and nothing. Is broken.
Anyone experienced this?
Some of your screen dumps show that your iPhone was connected via LTE. I was told by Apple Support that iCloud Backups are blocked on LTE connections.

---GetRealBro

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
These iCloud backup issues have been around for a while. Do an iTunes backup and backup that file IF you value your data. Encrypted iTunes backup would be best.

Reactions: Goatllama

rezzo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Chile
if you value your data do not trust / use iCloud backup... use iTunes to backup your data

These iCloud backup issues have been around for a while. Do an iTunes backup and backup that file IF you value your data. Encrypted iTunes backup would be best.
Right, it's my current "solution". Many years I don't want to lose.

Some of your screen dumps show that your iPhone was connected via LTE. I was told by Apple Support that iCloud Backups are blocked on LTE connections.

---GetRealBro
Over Wifi the same problem.

Welcome to the club! There is a larger thread here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/icloud-backup-iphone-6s.1951131/page-2#post-22486994

There have been a few people in contact with Apple Support Senior Advisors, myself included, and we are waiting to hear back.
Thanks for the link! I didn't find that thread when I looked. I join the club.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

---GetRealBro
You can still enable an iCloud backup on LTE, you just can't make the backup on LTE. And when I say "you can" that was before when I 'could' enable iCloud backup.

Dario.p.

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2016
I just found this thread while I was searching a solution for this problem. I'm italian, and me and other users have the same problem with iCloud backup.
I hope Apple will release a 9.2.2 or something else, because iOS 9.3 is too far (march or april) and this bug is particularly disappointing.
Ps sorry for my bad english :)

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I just found this thread while I was searching a solution for this problem. I'm italian, and me and other users have the same problem with iCloud backup.
I hope Apple will release a 9.2.2 or something else, because iOS 9.3 is too far (march or april) and this bug is particularly disappointing.
Ps sorry for my bad english :)
Apple engineers informed me there is an update in the works that will be released soon. This was before 9.2.1 came out, so I was hoping that was the update. But the 9.2.2 seems more likely.

Reactions: Dario.p.

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
As I have posted elsewhere, I have been having this issue since 9.0 on an iPhone 6. Nothing has been able to fix it, and Apple support has provided no solution.

rezzo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Chile
As I have posted elsewhere, I have been having this issue since 9.0 on an iPhone 6. Nothing has been able to fix it, and Apple support has provided no solution.
Since September! Wow, that's a lot of time without a solution.

EMR88

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2016
Hello. I found this topic while searching for an answer. I have the same issue on my 9.2.1. It has been 36 days now, and its still not working. I tried to manually back up data at iCloud menu in the iPhone, it starts to back up and the phone freezes, and you have to close the application and restart... Also I cant see last backup date... Anyway I backed up into iTunes but cannot think of a solution. Does signing off and in again solves this?

Dario.p.

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2016
Apple engineers informed me there is an update in the works that will be released soon. This was before 9.2.1 came out, so I was hoping that was the update. But
Hello. I found this topic while searching for an answer. I have the same issue on my 9.2.1. It has been 36 days now, and its still not working. I tried to manually back up data at iCloud menu in the iPhone, it starts to back up and the phone freezes, and you have to close the application and restart... Also I cant see last backup date... Anyway I backed up into iTunes but cannot think of a solution. Does signing off and in again solves this?
I don't think. I even tried a reset in DFU mode, but it still doesn't work.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
if you value your data do not trust / use iCloud backup... use iTunes to backup your data
Actually you should use both. I didn't use iCloud and an AppleSeed tester. I had to do a full restore in early iOS9 (July 1) and it had an unknown bug at the time and wouldn't recognize or use iTune's backups. Had to use a pre iOS9 backup and lost about 45 days worth of data.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
Same here. Seem there is no other solution than sit back and wait...all reseting or logging out/in hints are of no use.

Dario.p.

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2016
I even tried a downgrade to iOS 9.2 but it's the same: it doesn't work.
I'm testing iOS 9.3 beta 1, but the problem still persists.

NYCphone

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2007
I'm having the same problem with my 6s+ on 9.2.1. I called apple and they said their engineers are working on the problem and that they don't know when it will be fixed so I should backup using iTunes. Apple services still lag behind.

raycopeland

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2016
Same problem here too only just seen this post as I just made one. Asking for advice etc so glad it's not just me then.

Openbox72

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2015
Canada
I've made new iCloud ID , changed it into settings and it works, but my general id doesn't want synchronization

rezzo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Chile
I tryed to start a new backup and it seems like are solved the iCloud server-side bug!

SVFblgZ.png

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
Thanks I was having this issue too and was waiting for a fix. I can confirm it is working now.

Reactions: rezzo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.