Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
hi, had issues with the public beta of 12 so downgraded to 11 but when trying to backup to iCloud it tells me “last backup not completed because iCloud contains a backup from a newer iOS version”.
So...I have now backed up to iTunes, restored the phone and chose the iTunes backup and tried to delete the iCloud backup in manage storage but each time the pop up tells me the backup cannot be deleted at this time. Got a call with Apple support tomorrow but thought I might have better luck here. iPhone 7 Plus 11.4

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
hi, had issues with the public beta of 12 so downgraded to 11 but when trying to backup to iCloud it tells me “last backup not completed because iCloud contains a backup from a newer iOS version”.
So...I have now backed up to iTunes, restored the phone and chose the iTunes backup and tried to delete the iCloud backup in manage storage but each time the pop up tells me the backup cannot be deleted at this time. Got a call with Apple support tomorrow but thought I might have better luck here. iPhone 7 Plus 11.4

Try turning iCloud backup off, then go back to the backup you’re trying to delete, tap on it, wait for the loading circle to disappear next to “choose data to backup,” and then try deleting it. Don’t forget to turn iCloud backup back on.

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Yeah just tried there but same issue. I don’t want to restore again as I’ve done it twice in last 3 days so hopefully they can sort it tomorrow. Either that or just bite the bullet and go back to ios12.
Try turning iCloud backup off, then go back to the backup you’re trying to delete, tap on it, wait for the loading circle to disappear next to “choose data to backup,” and then try deleting it. Don’t forget to turn iCloud backup back on.

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
Yeah just tried there but same issue. I don’t want to restore again as I’ve done it twice in last 3 days so hopefully they can sort it tomorrow. Either that or just bite the bullet and go back to ios12.

Ok good luck! I received the same message about the backup not being completed when I went back to iOS 11 from 12 beta and all I did was delete the backup without backing up to iTunes first and then just did a manual iCloud backup and it’s been backing up automatically ever since.

Reactions: illyb2000

illyb2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Ok good luck! I received the same message about the backup not being completed when I went back to iOS 11 from 12 beta and all I did was delete the backup without backing up to iTunes first and then just did a manual iCloud backup and it’s been backing up automatically ever since.
Called Apple support. The iCloud backup is locked til July 3rd so after that date I can delete it.

Reactions: mattguy10
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.