Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I have the Numbers (and Pages etc.) on my Mac Mini. If I change an iCloud Numbers file from Finder / iCloud it does not upload to iCloud so that I can see the change on my MacBook Air.

I then stopped syncing on the Air and when I started again it will not load any documents.

Anybody else using iCloud Drive and is it working properly?

I think iCloud.com will not work and also if you don't have beta apps for iOS you can not sync with them.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
I have the Numbers (and Pages etc.) on my Mac Mini. If I change an iCloud Numbers file from Finder / iCloud it does not upload to iCloud so that I can see the change on my MacBook Air.

I then stopped syncing on the Air and when I started again it will not load any documents.

Anybody else using iCloud Drive and is it working properly?

I think iCloud.com will not work and also if you don't have beta apps for iOS you can not sync with them.

iCloud drive and some continuity features don't work. I believe this was stated somewhere for the first beta.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
iCloud drive and some continuity features don't work. I believe this was stated somewhere for the first beta.
I think I have seen that quote but I am not sure it is accurate but could be. The following is on the download page. Where it says read this first before downloading.

" New documents and changes saved to iCloud Drive on iOS 8 beta will only sync with devices running iOS 8 beta or OS X v10.10. "

That appears to say it should work but ONLY with the latest OS's. Do you agree?

I.E. I can create a document in the supported applications and they will put them in the iCloud Folder under the correct application but they do not sync to my other device.

Also, if using iOS which I am not I believe you have to download the BETA version of those Apps.

It also says it is not compatible with iCloud.com.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
It is quite a buggy release on both parts and I can confirm that making changes on my Yosemite iMac in iCloud is not reflected on my Yosemite Macbook Air.

Now we report the problem, wait for a fix and try again.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
It is quite a buggy release on both parts and I can confirm that making changes on my Yosemite iMac in iCloud is not reflected on my Yosemite Macbook Air.

Now we report the problem, wait for a fix and try again.
Thanks for the confirmation. I have switched over to using Dropbox for my normal work and just testing the iCloud Features. Good think my email/contacts/calendar still work.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Thanks for the confirmation. I have switched over to using Dropbox for my normal work and just testing the iCloud Features. Good think my email/contacts/calendar still work.

Yeah, I don't have any problems with Mail, Contacts, etc those features have been iCloud staples from earlier on, not to say there won't be problems but we are going to see more issues with these new features being added.

An "iCloud" folder has been on our Macs from late SL and Lion versions listed under Mobile Documents, hidden away in the Library folder.
You could upload a file to iCloud from your iPad in Pages and watch it appear in the Mobile Documents folder.

Apple is just bringing it out into the open now and there are growing pains associated with it.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Like So. From Mavericks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 11.45.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 11.45.29 AM.png
    337.6 KB · Views: 1,154
Last edited:

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I am familiar with that. So a bit surprised that the documents that I create are not syncing to my other mac. I am not testing iOS because I do not want to put in the new iOS Beta Apps. And I was using them before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.