Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

judino28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
My apologies if this info is somewhere else but I couldn't find it on MacRumors or by searching Google.

Can someone please explain what exactly Safari and Mail store in iCloud Drive in under iOS 9? I'm interested specifically in iCloud Drive, not regular iCloud.

Under iOS iCloud settings, there are the usual Safari and Mail toggle switches which I know allow for bookmarks, history, iCloud mail accounts, etc. to be synced across devices.

However, under the separate iCloud Drive settings menu which is accessed from the normal iCloud settings menu, there are again separate toggle switches for Safari and Mail as well. Can someone please tell me what these enable or disable and what information they store?

I've tried various actions, such as attaching files in Mail and uploading a file in Safari and both are always able to access my iCloud Drive regardless of if the toggle setting for Mail and Safari in iCloud Drive settings is on or off.

Any info would be great. Thanks!

judino28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Sorry to bump this, but does anyone have any info?

Any insight would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.